RoboTask fails to be reliable

Discuss RoboTask here
BrianSmith

Post by BrianSmith »

Now I have been running RoboTask on two machines, one desktop and one laptop and the scheduled tasks only stop running on the laptop.

Both computers very rarely get shut down, maybe once a week or two. But the laptop is closed and put into standby mode everyday. Both run Windows XP Professional but the laptop going into standby mode seems to be the only difference I can see in terms of the operating system. Almost all applications are identical on each computer.

Not sure how else to debug this problem but it is very annoying because by glancing at the list of RoboTasks there is no indication when they last run or if they were successful.

I have mentioned in previous posts about how extra columns etc could be added to improve the usability of the application.

I hope all this feedback is helpful and would be glad to beta test any future versions.
Is there a way for third parties to develop plug-in modules?
Last edited by BrianSmith on Tue May 18, 2004 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexeySurkis

Post by AlexeySurkis »

If a computer is in standby mode, none application can be running properly, i.e. they are simply "sleeping", and RoboTask is not an exception.
Last edited by AlexeySurkis on Tue May 18, 2004 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexeySurkis

Post by AlexeySurkis »

We plan to create a SDK for developing third-party COM plug-ins. But I can't say exactly when that SDK will be available.
BrianSmith

Post by BrianSmith »

None of the scheduled tasks are ever set to run when the computer is in standby mode.

The laptop computer is closed everynight and goes into standby mode and all scheduled tasks run during the day when the computer is on.

RoboTask each morning when I open it up and bring it out of standby mode has lost its ability to run scheduled tasks with no indication that it is no longer working.
Last edited by BrianSmith on Wed May 19, 2004 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharoosunidhi

Post by sharoosunidhi »

Hi,   i am newly join in this site.This site is very useful to others.    This article discusses portable computers, for topics concerning the upper thigh or leg see lap.A laptop is a personal computer designed for mobile use small enough to sit on one's lap[1]. A laptop includes most of the typical components of a typical desktop computer, including a display, a keyboard, a pointing device as well as a battery, into a single small and light unit. The rechargeable battery required is charged from an AC/DC adapter (ie, a wll wart) and typically stores enough energy to run the laptop for several hours.
=======================
sharoo
Last edited by Oleg on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.