SQL Query in loop requests ->Robotask 3.3

Discuss RoboTask here
lorenzob

Post by lorenzob »

I make every 60 seconds a specific sql query and after 4 hours or sooner or later the task blocks in the sense that it does not end its work and remains stuck.This seems a new problem of 3.3 as in 3.2 I did not have this problem. I maintenaned the old version and reinstall it to see if it happens there also. If it does then it might be another issue do to I do not know what.ThanksLorenzo
Last edited by lorenzob on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lorenzob

Post by lorenzob »

I can confirm that the same happens also in 3.2. The cyclic event that runs every 60 seconds making an sql request gets stuck. It is just saying in the log that it is making that request and stays there forever. I use Mysql with its odbc driver 5.1.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Can you send me the log of the task when it get stuck ( to oleg (at) robotask.com) . Also I would like to see the task.
Maybe you have to upgrade ODBC driver for MySQL or try ADO driver ( http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/ ).
The problem is that SQL action can't get stuck longer than specified timeout (by default 60 sec). If SQL query doesn't return anything during timeout the action generates an error.

Maybe you have to increase the period fom 60 sec to 90 (or more)
lorenzob

Post by lorenzob »

Ok I try first to put the ADO driver and see if it solves the problem. In the log it does not give any error it just hangs.I will send you an email or write here as soon as I reproduce the problem if with the new ADO, which occurs randomly on average every 6 hours with a cyclic process of 60 sec.I use windows 2003 server.
lorenzob

Post by lorenzob »

All seems working without interruption with the ADO installation.... I hope it does not come up again.Thanks
lorenzob

Post by lorenzob »

Sorry but I noticed that what was really keeping the sql to be able to run continuously was not the ADO installation but the fact that I put the TRACING in the ODBC settings... Once I put it it seems that the SQL loop does not to get interrupted anymore which is very strange. Of course this creates a huge log file that can be deleted only when restarting the machine... So I think there must be some strange issue related to the ODBC and the tracing. This was not happening in previous versions as I had this process running for months now without problems. I tried with other SQL statements and same issues... Would be nice to understand why the SQL gets suddenly blocked in some kind of log... 
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

But I can say that we changed nothing in SQL actions at all (SQL Query and Dataset Loop) very long time. I think that since version 2.5
lorenzob

Post by lorenzob »

Ok I will investigate further and see... Very strange. Thanks.