Scheduler not working on "new" tasks

Discuss RoboTask here
waldo

Scheduler not working on "new" tasks

Post by waldo »

For the question, this WIn10 PC is using Robotask version 6.50.885. It has 896 working/scheduled tasks. I have added 4 new tasks, all are enabled and all are scheduled to run on Monday thru Friday starting at 9:30 in 5 minute increments. None of my "newly" created tasks run from the scheduler---but all run when you click "run task" without error. I am wondering if 896 tasks is all this version of Robotask can handle. Any suggestions are welcome!! Thanks JimC
waldo

Re: Scheduler not working on "new" tasks

Post by waldo »

I actually watched the PC today and the tasks do not run at their scheduled time, but the status column does change to indicate the task should run the next day at the scheduled time (6/17/2020 @ 9:32am). Oddly, the information in the "last start" column does not change. So Robotask seems to "think" the task did run in order to change the status column but it also knows it "didn't run" as the last start column remains static. This is so frustrating as all of other 890+ scheduled tasks on this PC are running as scheduled.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

... but the status column does change to indicate the task should run the next day at the scheduled time (6/17/2020 @ 9:32am). Oddly, the information in the "last start" column does not change.
Why do you think that information in Last tart column must be changed? The next scheduled time will be tomorrow...

Status shows when the task should be launched
But Last start column shows when the task worked previously. Nothing more. If you start the task manually, the last start time will changed too
Oleg Yershov
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Additionally
If the task has non started since RoboTask start then Last start contains an empty value.
Oleg Yershov
waldo

Post by waldo »

Oleg,
Thanks for both replies. Yes, the last start updates when I run the task manually and it usually updates when the task is run by the scheduler too. Any idea why these tasks do not trigger with the scheduler? They are enabled. I have changed scheduled times, etc. and they will only run when I run them manually. JimC
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You wrote that you are using version 6.5
I remember that there was some problems with IDs of triggers. Unfortunately I don't remember when we have fixed it. Maybe in version 6.8
so I recommend you to do this:
  • re-create Scheduler trigger in problem tasks. That is - remove it from the task and create again with same parameters
  • restart RoboTask: close it and start again
Oleg Yershov
waldo

Post by waldo »

Oleg,
Thanks for the advice. I could not get the 3 new tasks to run---so I backed up the PC with back-up software so I could restore the PC if I had to and purchased a new Robotask license. It looks like all the tasks / schedules from the old version are still in tact, so I will find out on June 18th @ 9:30 whether these 3 new tasks will run from the scheduler. Thanks again for your willingness to help those that use this forum. JimC
waldo

Post by waldo »

Closure: Purchasing and installing latest version solved the problem. Thanks again for all of your help.